Syphon + cloth filter
Butane/Methylated Spirits Burner
250ml fresh water
16g of medium to fine grind coffee
- Secure the cloth filter to the upper chamber of the Syphon by feeding the chain through the stem and then hooking it over the rim of the lower chamber.
- Pour water into the lower chamber of the Syphon and place the upper chamber on top without locking it in to place.
- Ignite your burner and set it directly under the lower chamber.
- When the water begins to move – but before it boils – lock the upper chamber in.
- The water will begin to rapidly move to the top chamber and at this point, lower burner to a very low boil.
You are ready to brew!!!!!
00:00 Start the timer and add the coffee to the upper chamber and quickly stir to saturate the coffee.
00:15 Allow it to sit for 15 seconds and then stir carefully twice around the outside of the brewing coffee.
00:30 Allow it to sit for another 15 seconds and then extinguish and remove the burner.
01:00 As the cooling process commences, the coffee will draw down to the lower chamber. This should take approximately 30 seconds.
01:30 Allow it to sit for another 30 seconds after the draw down process is complete and then remove the upper chamber and set it in the holder.
04:30 Pour the coffee into the serving cups and wait for between 3 to 4 minutes before you can drink and enjo